October 27, 2009

Tuesday’s Water News: Sewage Spill Kills Fish in Yadkin River

Posted in California, Michigan, Missouri, National, North Carolina, Pennsylvania at 5:10 pm by bengann

In North Carolina, thousands of dead fish have washed onto the banks of the Yadkin River in Rowan County and High Rock Lake due to an apparent sewage spill in Davidson County.

Headlines
The City of South Haven, Michigan dealt with a water-main break and expect a boil water order for two to three days until the appropriate repairs can be made.

Construction crews worked overnight to repair a seven-foot sinkhole caused by a water main rupture in Yorba Linda, California.

A water main broke Tuesday in Pittsburgh’s Hill District, sending water shooting high into the air and leaving a sizable hole in the road.

Stimulus Spotlight
James A. Hanlon, director of EPA’s Office of Wastewater Management, has acknowledged that while 100% of the stimulus funds designated for water projects has been obligated, but only about 20 percent of these were under construction in mid-October. That means the remaining 80 percent needs to get under contract/construction before Feb. 17, 2010 or risk losing those funds.

Sewer Rate News
Caspian, Michigan
St. Louis, Missouri
Webb City, Missouri

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: